The AT2020 is a side-address fixed-charge condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. It is designed for project/home studio applications. The microphone requires 48V phantom power for operation. The cardioid polar pattern of the microphone is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in controlling feedback, reducing pickup of unwanted sounds and providing isolation between performers.
The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing. The included stand mount permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A soft protective pouch is also included.
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch.
POLAR PATTERN Cardioid
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY –37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
IMPEDANCE 100 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
NOISE 20 dB SPL
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 2 mA typical
WEIGHT 12.1 oz (345 g)
DIMENSIONS 6.38" (162.0 mm) long, 2.05" (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type