Professional technology for everyday life
With 50 years’ experience defining the sound of the world’s top music artists, film and TV audio, Solid State Logic introduce SSL CONNEX, a high-quality, portable USB microphone for conferencing, content creation and music recording.
Bristling with useful features, SSL CONNEX is designed to enhance your on-the-go digital life with some of the technology professionals have relied on for decades.
Sound amazing with four user modes
SSL CONNEX enhances sound quality whether you’re in a group conference call, online in a coffee shop chatting with friends, or recording vocals and instruments wherever inspiration strikes. Featuring an advanced quad microphone array with four specially defined user modes, SSL CONNEX makes sure you sound great in any scenario. All four modes feature an advanced immersive recording setting. This allows you to access each of the four individual mic sources for the purpose of immersive and spatial recordings or broadcasts.
- Solo Mode
- Optimised for a single 'spoken' sound source, e.g. conference / Working from home calls or live streaming with a single presenter. CONNEX is optimized for speech coming from the front while reducing unwanted sound from back and side faces. Struggling to make clear calls in a busy office, café or airport lounge, ‘White: Solo mode’ is the answer.
- Group Mode
- Designed for multiple 'spoken' sound sources e.g. round table conference call or live streaming with multiple presenters, SSL CONNEX’s quad microphone array and optimised mixer setting means all presenters are clearly heard and unwanted background noise isn’t.
- Vocal Mode
- Vocal mode is for when inspiration hits and you just have to record that performance. Utilising legendary SSL EQ and dynamics processing algorithms to enhance your recording or live stream, Vocal mode will reject sound from the sides and rear of SSL CONNEX making your performance absolutely sing.
- Music Mode
- Designed for a group of musicians, Music mode allows creativity as a group be captured. SSL CONNEX intelligently alters the sensitivity of the microphone array to reduce the noise floor and unwanted background noise. Blue: Music mode accepts louder signals commonly found on acoustic instruments. Combine this with CONNEX’ sophisticated studio quality processing and you’re on the way to a great sounding track.
- Immersive mode
- All four of SSL CONNEX’ User Modes feature an advanced immersive setting, letting you access all four of microphone signals independently for the purpose of immersive recordings or broadcasts. Want cutting-edge content or to explore spatial mixing? Switch SSL CONNEX into Immersive mode.
Features that CONNEX
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction.
- Studio sound processing.
- USB powered.
- Works with laptop or USB tablet
Advanced USB microphone
Designed using premium components, in a sleek portable form factor. SSL CONNEX' high-quality, precision quad microphone array sounds stunning whether you're chairing an important conference call or getting creative on your latest live stream.
SSL CONNEX is powered by sophisticated studio quality digital signal processing (DSP), which uses a combination of SSL's renowned EQ and dynamics processing algorithms. Intelligent dynamic noise reduction works in harmony with the quad mic array and DSP to make sure you're heard even in the busiest of environments. SSL CONNEX even makes spacial recording easy with an advanced immersive mode
- Portable advanced USB microphone with high quality quad condenser microphone array for conferencing, content creation and recording.
- Optimised studio quality processing using SSL EQ and dynamics algorithms taken from professional studio and broadcast products.
- Acoustically designed decoupled microphone capsules.
- Four pre-set user modes:
- Solo (directional; e.g. individual use for conference calls, podcasting, streaming)
- Group (e.g. round table discussions)
- Vocal (e.g. recording singing, narration, rapping)
- Music (e.g. recording loud sources)
- Immersive mode gives you access to individual mic sources for spatial recordings and broadcasts.
- Optimised mixer settings to make sure everyone’s heard.
- High power 3.5 mm headphone output for crystal clear audio.
- Microphone Loopback option for ambient monitoring.
- Touch-sensitive controls to adjust headphone level and mute the mic.
- ‘Cough Switch’ and ‘Push To Talk’ features for temporarily muting/unmuting the mic.
- Backlit RGB illuminated Solid State Logic logo indicates mic mute state and user mode.
- 1⁄4” camera tripod thread in base with included mic stand thread adapter for flexible mounting options.
- 2 m USB Type C to C cable and USB Type C (female) to Type A (male) adapter included.
- USB powered.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
- Works with Laptop or USB tablet