Apollo Twin X USB
Record with the world's best desktop interface for Windows.
Apollo Twin X USB gives musicians and producers elite‑class audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Letting you record through preamps from Neve, API, Manley, and more — with near‑zero latency — Apollo Twin X is born to make records.
- Experience elite-class Apollo sound — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Record your vocals and synths in realtime through classic mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Avalon, and more*
- Capture inspiration in realtime using Console and UAD processing with near-zero latency
- Mix with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610-B Preamp
Hear Every Detail in your Recordings
Apollo Twin X USB improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold‑standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra‑low THD. This elite‑class conversion gives you a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters.
Record Synths and Vocals through Iconic Preamps
With its two Unison™ preamps and front panel Hi‑Z instrument input, Apollo Twin X USB lets you track in realtime through preamp and channel strip plug‑ins from Neve, Manley, API, and dozens more, giving you the same rich analog texture as the hardware used on decades of iconic music.*
Get the Pro Sounds of Analog Hardware, Right on your Desktop
Out of the box, Apollo Twin X USB's included plug‑ins give you album‑ready tones in realtime with professional tools like the UA 610‑B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA‑2A tube compressor, amps from Marshall and Ampeg, and more. Plus, Apollo Twin X USB lets you tap into the entire UAD plug‑in library, giving you the proven hit‑making sounds of Ocean Way Studios, Capitol Chambers, and hundreds more.
- Desktop 10 x 6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Includes Heritage Edition UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressor collections, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ Collection, Pultec Passive EQ Collection, Pure Plate Reverb, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, & AAX in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
With the Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle, you get legendary compressors like the Teletronix® LA-2A and EQs like the Pultec® EQP-1A, stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, as well as UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Impart your tracks with the iconic warmth and character of the classic hardware used to track everyone from Duke Ellington to Coldplay. By emulating the entire signal path, including tube amplifiers, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities, the 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in injects organic detail and saturation to any signal — whether you’re re-amping or tracking through the 610-B via Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology.
- Marshall® Plexi Classic Amplifier
- The undisputed alpha dog of rock and roll guitar amps, the Marshall “plexi” amplifier is as legendary as the music it helped create. From Jimi Hendrix to Jimmy Page, Duane Allman to Eric Clapton, the Plexi’s punishing melange of snarl, sustain, smoothness, and raunch defined the sound of rock. Developed by Softube, the Marshall Plexi Classic Amp plug-in gives you the sound of this iconic amp with a perfectly placed microphone from engineer Tony Platt who recorded AC/DC’s Back in Black and Highway to Hell.
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls gives you the ideal optical compression sound for guitar, bass, drums, and more.
- 1176SE/LN® Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognized compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176LN has graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, to the White Stripes and Michael Jackson.
- Pultec® Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Mix with two of the most sought-after hardware EQs ever made — the MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the EQP-1A Program Equalizer. Both of these tube-based icons deliver smooth and silky EQ curves with an abundance of warm analog character.
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- Introduced in 1969, the Ampeg SVT bass amp is still the reigning king of high-powered tube bass tone. Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp plug-in perfectly captures the raw power and punch that has made this the go-to amp for rock, funk, and soul players. Track in real time using Unison™ preamp technology for the tone, touch, and feel of a real SVT bass amp, or transform bland DI tracks with the thunderous roar of a stone cold classic.
- Precision Mix Rack Collection
- Featuring the Precision Channel Strip, Precision Reflection Engine, and Precision Delay Modulation plug-ins, the Precision Mix Rack Collection offers four modern, high-fidelity plug-ins for recording and mixing. Powerful and intuitive, Precision Mix Rack Collection gives you an impressive tool set — perfect for beginners and seasoned professionals alike.
- Raw Distortion
- Modeled from a vintage early-’80s Pro Co Rat, Raw Distortion delivers all the gritty dynamic raunch of the legendary stompbox. And with Unison™ technology, you can plug in to Apollo Twin, 8, or 8p’s front-panel Hi-Z instrument jack and experience the same circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points for the true tone, feel, and response of the original hardware.
- RealVerb Pro
- RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb based on UA’s own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond simply big/small or dark/bright, giving your sources distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail.