EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONAL HEADPHONES
EXPECT THE BEST
Clear Mg Professional is the essential pair of headphones for discerning sound engineers and producers. To equip these open-back headphones’ 1 5/8" (40mm) full-range speaker drivers with M-shaped inverted domes; Focal engineers designed a new material: a magnesium cone. This offers extreme precision. The tonal balance is remarkable, as is the bass articulation and the level of detail across the full sound spectrum.
In addition to high-performance technologies, Clear Mg Professional offers impressive comfort and a unique aesthetic signature. The curve of the headband, high-resilience memory foam earpads, evenly-distributed weight... Everything has been covered to allow you to forget you're wearing headphones at all. Meanwhile, the black and red colours combined with the “honeycomb” signature on the earcups offer a touch of modern elegance.
- A brand new magnesium cone for even greater dynamics
- A remarkable tonal balance across the full spectrum
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- 2 OFC 24 AWG copper cables supplied to suit all uses (3ft. or 1.2m + 16ft. or 5m spiral)
- Rigid carrying case supplied
Brand new magnesium cone
FOCAL SPEAKER DRIVERS
Clear Mg Professional incorporates 1 5/8” (40mm) full-range speaker drivers with magnesium ‘M’-shaped inverted domes. Thanks to this brand new cone, combined with the frameless 1" (25mm)-diameter and 1/4" (5.5mm)-high copper voice coil, the sound experience is made extremely precise, delivering impressive detail across the full spectrum while preserving excellent tonal balance.
Fast and dynamic - THE ULTIMATE WORK TOOL
The flexibility of the surround offers lightness, therefore more dynamics and impact, particularly in the bass. The open grille inside the earcup closely follows the ‘M’ profile of the cone to further reduce adverse effects. With a 24kHz break-up, the high frequencies are extremely linear and the transient signals are respected. The headphones disappear to the benefit of the audio signal, with its uncompromising and even faster transfer quality.
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
EVERY DETAIL COUNTS
COMFORT AND OPENNESS
The headband design creates a constant curve, wherever the head turns. The weight of the headphones is distributed evenly, preventing the localised pressure point phenomenon. The solid aluminium yoke is covered with a structured black paint, for sleek design and scratch resistance. Instead of the traditional vertically rotating mechanics, these have been moved within the headband for even greater comfort. This allows excellent sealing, particularly beneath the ears, to prevent any acoustic leakage, synonymous with significant bass loss. Finally, the highly resilient memory foam earpads complete the comfortable, open feel.
The outer surface of the earcups features a honeycomb pattern for an even more sophisticated and elegant look. It's enhanced by the black and red finish for a blend of classicism and modernity. This openness promotes the sensation of spatialisation and improves the image of the soundstage. The compact carrying case is thermoformed to the shape of the headphones and has been woven in the same colours. Finally, two low-resistivity OFC 24 AWG copper cables are supplied.
- Type Circum-aural open-back headphones
- Impedance 55 Ohms
- Sensitivity 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD 0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response 5Hz – 28kHz
- Speaker driver 15/8" (40mm) 'M'-shaped magnesium dome
- Weight 0.99lbs (450g)
- Cables supplied
- 16.5 feet (5m) asymmetric cable (1/4" - 6.35mm TRS jack)
- 3.94 feet (1.2m) asymmetric cable (1/8" - 3.5mm TRS jack)
- 1/8" (3.5mm) to 1/4" (6.35mm) stereo jack adapter
- Spare earpads 2 x spare earpads supplied
- Carrying case provided 97/8x91/2x43/4" (250x240x120mm)